Saturday, March 19, 2005

Comp day

Got up at what has become for me an unusually early hour, before 7 A.M., to accompany a friend to a climbing competition. Just as she arrived to pick me up, our son returned from his climbing road trip, having driven all night from Bishop, CA with a couple of friends.
I helped with registration at the comp, then warmed up and climbed in my own little category. There was one another Adult Female, but she was in a different category, and a lot younger. It was quite enjoyable until the last half hour, where it became clear to me that I was out of energy; after three hours of pretty much continuous effort, not surprising. I did primarily lead routes, no bouldering, and started falling only at about the 10d-11a level, which is about right. My son arrived to see some friends who were working on the comp, then gave me a ride home. He subsequently crashed, and slept 16 hours. Dang, I'm envious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home