Tuesday, April 19, 2005

On the eve of a long weekend in Myrtle Beach, SC

My 87 year old mother negotiated two 8 block long walks today, and only showed signs of fatigue at the very end, as she climbed up the steps to our house. The day grew increasingly beautiful, and is now almost unbearably lovely at 6:00 in the evening.
My run up into the hills began well, but by the time I got back down to the gym, my head felt disconnected from the rest of me. The gym manager told me I was glycogen depleted in my brain - insane in my brain - and handed me a bottle of juice. Gradually I regained some equilibrium, but eventually bailed and walked home. Not sure what's going on; perhaps I am stressed about leaving my mom, but our son knows the drill, and is as qualified to take care of her as I am.
I'm looking forward to vegging out on the beach. Projected weather looks great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home