Saturday, April 16, 2005

Swimming into Saturday morning

...and by late morning, the skies had drained, thankfully. Out for a longer walk with my mom - fingers crossed - and it went well. No "spells." No falling down.
Went on a bit of a walk about, in search of less grungy clothes than I currently possess to wear next week when we go to Myrtle Beach for a mini-family reunion with my in-laws. Thankfully we all will be non-Republicans; some perhaps a bit more "conservative" than others, but at least there won't be that baseline discomfort to deal with. It used to be simply something one did not bring up, along with religion and what one did for a living; now it's a more essential matter, at least to me. I don't want to spend one more minute than I have to with plunderers and usurpers.
Had a nice dinner of fresh halibut and asparagus, accompanied with noodles called "Okinawa Soba." They appeared to be a thicker version of yaki soba.
Off to bed at a resonable hour, to read more of Margaret Atwood's "Negotiating with the Dead."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home