Monday, June 13, 2005

Incredible shrinking typeface!

Part of yesterday's post was diminished to nearly nothing. It concerned running into parents of one of my former second grade students, who greeted me warmly, caught me up with their kids' doings, and concurred with me that the private elementary school where our kids went and where I taught for seven years seemed to attract a spirited group of children, with lovely parents, really, for the most part. The mom told me they still had a popover recipe I'd given her daughter, one we'd used when we were studying chickens. She still loves those popovers.
Pretty good session at the climbing gym, catching up with my friends being the best part. One is single, late 40's, and leaving for summer in Europe in a couple of weeks. The other one that was there is in her mid-40's, has two kids, and is leaving for Boston at the end of the month for her daughter's national climbing competition and to visit in-laws. We use our gym time to push agianst time constraints and pretend we're kids, I suppose, but it's such a pleasure.
Am enjoying the weirdness of Part 2 of Don Quixote, in which the characters find out that "someone" has written about their adventures in Part 1, and Sancho Panza is astounded that this writer knew about things they'd done by themselves, and wonders how the writer could have known these things.... it's as trippy as any postmodernist experiment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home