Saturday, June 04, 2005

My boyfriend's back

Got my beloved spouse back safely from the wilds of Milwaukee! Wee hours of the morning.
Most grateful.
We went out this afternoon, hit the University District Farmers' Market on our way to the U Bookstore; many delectables for sale, from garlic tops to pickled onions and garlic cloves, to flats of local strawberries and baked items. Vegetable plant starts, organic meats, chickens, eggs and cheeses, flowers, honey and peppers.
Actually made it through a tour of the bookstore without purchasing any books. I need to finish Don Quixote before I get anything more.
Upon returning home, there was a short message from our son: He was in Needles, California by himself, and the road to Needles was closed. There's a beautiful climbing area there, but his two climbing buddies were back in Yosemite, on a big wall. He said he had to get away from the park. No mention of how he got down to Needles, or what the hell he was going to do, by himself. My "mother's hackles" are standing on end, and I am very upset to have missed his call. I hope he calls back soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home