Friday, October 07, 2005

Alternative dimension!

I have entered the dimension of people who sleep all night, despite a horrendous cat fight at 1:00 this morning between my own cats, the dumb little fuckers. It's a lovely day, unlooked for at this time of year, and I feel good. (da da da da da da da...like I know that I should!)
Two walks for Mother, and a climbing workout for me. Finally connected with my friend who's turing 50 a few days after my birthday in November. She's in the throes of planning a good party for this birthday, and we'll be listening to a band tomorrow night to see if it would be a good one to hire for the occasion.
Beloved spouse and I went out to hear a Literary Event: Zadie Smith, author of White Teeth, reading from her latest novel, On Beauty. I thought she was wonderful: Well-spoken, intelligent, and she completely won me over during her quesion and answer period. She's only 30 years old, and so poised and sharp.
Afterwards, we walked a bit on Capitol Hill, including through a made over park officially called Cal Anderson Park but known to local wags as Teletubbie Hill for its resemblence to the landscape of those TV characters. There is a marvelous fountain which resembles a neolithic stone pile building, with water spurting out crevices and spraying and running down its sides. At night the backlighting of the park's lamps made the water look like glowing fur blowing in a constant wind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home