Monday, October 03, 2005

Starting the week

It's a perfect fall day, I wish I weren't so tired from yet another bad night's sleep and I'd savor it more. Out for 8 blocks with my mother, then to the climbing gym to set a route.
Feeling punk, I had to wonder if I could accomplish much, but going up about 40 feet to put up the route cleared my sinuses. It turned out to be a nifty little 5.8 TR or lead, with a few fun moves.
As I was about to leave, a couple of climbing buddies arrived and talked me into going up a few routes. Glad I did so, since it at least got my blood moving.
Squeezed another "bonus walk" in late afternoon, just a couple of blocks in perfect calm sunny air. Rescued a stray chicken. My mother waved at few jets pasing overhead. Our cats stalked us, keeping us in sight as we approached their dinner hour.
After dinner, much hilarity and laughing unto weeping as we read Fried Green Al Qaedas' insane entries.
Oh, no. I have a cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home