Thursday, October 06, 2005

Shall I ever slumber continuously through the night?!

Another fragmented night's non-rest. Can't breath very well upon lying down. Need coffee.
Oh, yesterday around 5:30, as I drove back from the climbing gym, I was listening to KBCS, a local public radio station. A young woman was talking with Studs Terkel, who at age 90 something still sounds like hell on wheels. He mentioned a term for those of us who realize things have gone and are continuing to go terribly wrong with this country: the "prescient minority." I like that; I count myself among them, even if I am not outstandingly eloquent. I'm working on finding a transcript of this talk. He gave me a burst of hope.
Okay, yet another trek downtown for my mother's aging teeth. We survived it, no major problems and I remembered to get a fresh batch of fortune cookies.
Another chicken soup sort of dinner, this time with fresh Chinese noodles from the same place that makes the fortune cookies; off to bed to hack away at that big novel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home