Thursday, December 29, 2005

Slept, and perchance, did dream

Not getting into them, but those dreams were hard work, harder than clearing brush! Would that Someone, no, several Someones who are so high and mighty and corrupt, should be visited with dreams to drive them to guiltily confess, recant, and lock themselves up. Would that my dreams gave me the power to blight those Someones in such a fashion. "Nightmare on Pennsylvania Avenue", with me as an avenging nightmare flinger, but so much nicer-looking than Freddy Krueger! That's not such a difficult thing to maange, however...
The day wore away with chores and such. This evening we were invited to a company Christmas party put on by one of beloved spouse's clients. I attended with no sense of what would happen, and was pleasantly surprised. We sat with a former colleague of beloved spouse's and his wife, and had a good time conversing about various things. Interesting how someone whom one did not much care for in the past can become a person whom one finds amusing and good company.
Oh, my. One has been reading far too much British literature.

4 Comments:

Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

Yes, obviously you are becoming much too civilized, no doubt due to the influence of those evildoing English scriviners.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

Um 'scriveners', excuse me. Obviously I haven't been reading ENOUGH!

10:49 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

My dear fellow, I have ALWAYS been civilised; it's simply that lately, I've been acquiring an appropriately powerful vocabulary with which to demonstrate my classiness.
Books, in'it?

2:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Isa,
I've always enjoyed polysyllabic verbiage. Certainly reading facilitates erudite typing.

Classy, yes - civilised, no doubt - Cocktail party banter aside.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home