Thursday, February 16, 2006

Colder and colder

Such loving cats we have, at least when the air grows icy. There are still dents in the down comforter where their little bodies were jammed up against mine all night. This morning they raced outside after slamming down their breakfast, and are to be seen lounging about in various sunny protected spots.
Went over to walk my friends' pups, and the male in the couple had taken off this morning and armed the house alarm, forgetting I was due, so there we were, two howling little chihuahuas, and me, getting on the cell as fast as I could to the female of the couple, who rather resignedly gave me the necessary code to stop the wailing, as well as the secret password in case the cops showed up. We whirled around several blocks on our walk, and after I got the dogs home and was getting in my car, I espied a patrol car just down the street, sitting in the intersection. I pulled out as if they weren't there, and hoped I wouldn't be followed. Took off my black watch cap, just to lessen my resemblence to a burglar, remembered to turn on my lights, stop at the next unmarked intersection, use my turn signals; he never budged.
And my heart and spirit grow colder. Patriot Act passed, with only Feingold voting against. Fuck the Democrats. Time to form a new party.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It is pipping cold here too Isa. Down right near freezing. Cats are strange and ours hates people, but for when it dips below the forty degree mark.

the Patriot Act is so powerfully titled, that makes it easy to paint anyone not voting for it as a treasonous traitor. That's why they named it that.

To hell in a hand basket, they carry us. New party should be called - The Anti-incumbents. Vote the bastards out.

3:55 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

'spike, it's a Catch-22: We need to have some people for which to vote.
Good grief. I hate this Homeland bullshit.

4:09 PM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

We have snow, and ice, and more snow. I think we are about five inches. Makes me happy. Cats are my favorite animal, and last year, our old male had to be put to sleep, he had cancer, but he had a beautifully happy life, controlling Mr. Zelda and me. He, Boots, was the boss of our house and he thought he was the parent of my children and grandson. So, when he finally died, it made and still makes me so sad. I remember the cold mornings when he lay in bed on top of the comforter near the small of my back and if I dared move, he fussed at me. His print was there the next day too. I miss him and love to see the bloggers post about their cats. When I get out of graduate school, the first thing I am going to do is go to the animal shelter and adopt me a cat or two and a dog or two. As far as the patriot act passing, well it sucks and makes me ill and I wish for once the democrats would do what we voted them in to do, and that is put a hault to all this insanity and fight for our rights and what is decent and good and not give in to the right wingnuts.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

Yea, we're down to one: Feingold. One. One. I just can't quite get over it. Down to one single same person in the whole damn government. Stunning.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home