Thursday, February 09, 2006

Happy face sun!

I'm so glad to see it, I'd even tolerate a huge smiley face across it, for a brief shining moment, anyway.
Interesting piece by Juan Cole today in Salon titled "All cartoon politics are local." It gives even more background about how this comparatively small issue has been a handy one for Muslim countries to jump upon, and that there's quite a lot of conflict among Muslim nations that can be shunted off while they use this issue.
Out into the day...and what could make one's heart leap even higher than going to the co op and finding maple butter on sale? Some days, all I want to do is dip into the little glass jar I keep sort of hidden away. With a good little stock of it on hand, we are prepared to face just about anything. I was going to say that perhaps it has the salubrious effect of infusing one with Canadianismo, but they've elected a bushlite fuckwit, so they're no better than we are these days! Oh, Canada. You people haven't learned from our mistakes?!
Hesse, Hesse, Hesse...why art thou so didactic? I start resenting it when I begin to suspect a writer is shaping some Big Lesson for me...

2 Comments:

Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

Nice to hear you saw the sun. It always confuses me when I see it after a week or so of cloudy days.

I see the Muslims didn't remain TOO united by the cartoons. A whole bunch of sectarian violence the last two days. But he's right. Those cartoon bombs pulled them all together like those planes did to us - momentarily - after 9/11. But Bush fucked that united feeling up right quick.

10:24 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

And yet, neil...Bush&co. seem to be some who would benefit by Syria going apeshit over the 'toons issue, as in, another specious justificaiton for another fake war...

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home