Friday, February 17, 2006

Colder than a witch's tit, colder than polar bear shit...

And the plunging mercury dives yet again. After a horrifically destroyed night's sleep - awful choking coughing, from 2-3 ayem from my mother, who remembered nothing of it this morning - and not being able to breathe due to a lingering cold, I opted to walk up to my friends' place to air the pups, figuring it might revive me. They were so happy to see me, plunged out into the bitter afternoon without their little warmup coats, and never stopped running for several blocks. Up hill and down, I had to run to keep up, constantly untangling their leashes. They finally agreed to go home, and snarfed up their delicious vegan doggie treats. (Molasses and peanutbutter, I have been informed.)
My mom seemed not to have suffered from her fucked up night, and had two walks today. I'm breaking out the Benedryl tonight...

7 Comments:

Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

We're even colder than that up here. Didn't get above ten below yesterday. You wanna see a dog take a quick pee...?

11:06 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Are you guys in NYC? Yeah, sounds as if "It's so cold, the dogs are sticking to the sidewalks!" in many places. Neo Ice Age!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What global warming? Right. Greenland is melting into the ocean and we are freezin our keyboards off.

Snow as low as 1200 feet here.

Zoiks.

4:10 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

'spike, it's the slush before the storm, and the glaciers come back...

5:43 PM  
Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

Minnesota. Frightening place.

12:15 AM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

In NW Arkansas, we had a foot of snow and the temperature stayed around 7 until late in the day. I love it, but hope it starts to melt before I have to be in class. Up here, I live in the foot hills of the Ozarks and it is very hilly and when it is iced over, my little car won't pull the hills and if I do get up, well I just slide off the road going down. So, I love the snow, but only when I don't have to be anywhere. The witches tits in a brass bra, yep, that's here with ice on the tips instead of...well you know.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

MN's not so frightening, is it Neil? I lived in St. Paul for a summer - never had to weather a winter. But with all the human habit-trails in Minneapolis, you don't even need a coat, no?

AM run today was 43 degrees - and that was at 9ish. Zoiks its cold for us.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home