Thursday, April 20, 2006

Noisy hours of early morn

Woke up early to the din of happy happy birds, chirping their little brains out, over and over and over. What could they possibly need to repeat a thousand consecutive times which wouldn't have conveyed the message after the first five minutes? Shrieking the same horrid syllable at top volume right outside my window and directly into my brain; I do not find them a cheery harbinger of anything. They should go off like broken miniature car alarms for only a short while, then fly away, far away. Peep only when peepen to. Shut their blasted little beaks; let me have another half hour of dozing peace with a wisely quietly purring cat snuggled next to me.
As penance for that bit of curmudgeonliness, I mowed our side yard. Not my favorite activity, as it makes my eyes itch, but the grass was getting to the height of a hayfield. Then hied myself off for a run and workout, and got my mother out for her second walk. She's been logging 7 or 8 blocks total these days, owing to the balmy weather. We've gotten into a flower identifying activity, and every day she learns more, or I should say, remembers more of them. She enjoys it, and there will be many more varieties coming as the spring goes on towards summer.
Listening to old Thievery Corporation this evening; somehow they make me feel as if I'm having some sort of exotic time away.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a hangover problem to me, no isa?

P.S. the drink I mentioned earlier has a name, but shoot if I can remember it. It sounds wonderful.

9:16 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Nope, no hangover, just another restless night. Maybe it was that long slow earthquake wave over in Siberia that has been unsettling my night's repose...

10:22 AM  
Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

Cheerful little bastards! Don't they know about Bush?! Around here our dominant birdsong now through summer is the mourning dove. Aptly named, it is.

Your comment on Woody Allen & his Orgazmitron: Trey Parker & Matt Stone did a movie in the late 90's called 'Orgazmo'. Funny movie. 'Orgazmo' has an orgasm gun...I'm not sure but I think it's called the 'Orgasmerator'

3:17 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

She was on Exelon when she came here, and it made her have dizzy spells and fainting episodes. Doctors decided she didn't benefit from anti-dementia drugs.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home