Sunday, April 02, 2006

Que hora es?

My 88 year-old mother remembered to move her watch an hour ahead last night. I, however, decades younger, did not rememeber to change the time on the few clocks we have which aren't automatically updated by the magic of wireless. Didn't really make much difference, since I have been waking up earlier the last several days, but I was glad to see she was able to do it. Interesting what things stick with her, and which don't.
Although neither of us had slept very well, one of my friends and I managed to get a passable session at the climbing gym early this afternoon. The day had begun pleasantly, so there wasn't a huge crowd, but it's growing gloomy as I sit here.
When I took my friend home, I went in to see the doglets, the chihuahuas, the Ferrari Brothers, Enzo and Dino. This time I avoided the dreaded tongue in the mouth one of them slipped me the last time I saw them. Adorable little creatures, other than their perverted tendency for oral gratification.
And onward with Shirley Hazzard's short fiction.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Isa,

Everything you said about J-tree was spot on - and even better. We had a spectacular days. And, the hour change happened for us under the desert stars.

I'm still out of town, but should be back into the thick of it shortly...and post a few of the better shots on the blog.

Blog on sister.

10:26 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Excellent, 'spike! I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience, and getting a vicarious thrill or two!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

My father was a real stickler for remembering daylight savings time. It was a matter of great pride. It almost seemed as if he did nothing all year but wait for that moment he could turn the clock ahead or behind an hour. It was the most important thing in the world. If he didn't re-set that clock the world was going to end.

5:18 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Neil, when did he start with that behavior?

6:01 PM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

My sister's mother-in-law has alzheimers. It amazes me the things she remembers. Sometimes it's the tinest thing from the long ago past. One time she asked me how my cat's ear was. I thought and thought and remembered the cat that I had when I was eight years old, decades ago, had an infected ear and she gave me peroxide to put on the wound. She remembered that, how? I mean, it's not like I look like I did when I was a child, but she asked who I was and when I told her, she then asked about the cat. She, though, is 94 and has had the symptoms of alzheimers for a few years now.

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home