Monday, March 27, 2006

The cat on my lap came back

Hunting and pecking here with a ten pound plus cat on my lap, his head draped over my left arm; as long as he doesn't drool into the keyboard, we're all right.
Scored a couple of Shirley Hazzard's short story collections, Cliffs of Fall, and People in Glass Houses. For the time being, I feel fortified with excellent reading material.
It got warm enough for a short sleeved tee shirt and three quarter pants. I drummed up as many errands as I could that would require a walk, but now I seem to be out of them. So gorgeous, I cannot bear to be inside.
The weather's going to turn on us tomorrow. Someone once said Seattle's weather was "a fickle bitch." Indelicate,but accurate.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Rain is back
So is the cat
Alak

11:31 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Yeah, but down in Joshua Tree, that landscape can soak up rain quickly. Our son told us it dries out really well, and that rain doesn't usually affect the area for long. And they can have some humdingin' thunderstorms!
You can always repair to the Crossroads Cafe for swell food and brews...

1:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Crossroads - I'll keep that in mind. The upside of all the rain: Wildflowers!

4:16 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Oh, yeah, they were already starting to appear back in mid January! Be sure to look for covies of quail. They are safe from Dick Cheney in the park...

5:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

FYI, I don't pack heat like the Big Dick, so the quail are safe with me. Nor do we travel with gigantic caravans loaded with cheep beer. We love the micro brewed stuff anyway. But even so, since we won't be shooting anything, it doesn't matter how many we have.

Blog on sister.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home