Monday, May 15, 2006

Spring fever

Maybe "spring fever" is really allergies kicking in. Why, when it's so lovely, sunny and warm, would one feel tapped out and dreary? Perhaps it is the article in our morning paper from a local health official advising us to "be prepared for the bird flu." Can't even start on how I think that's just another big fake panic button the White House demons are using against us.
The scab construciton workers are back next door, continuing to put up Mad Ludwig's Castle. Don't want to think of that, either.
Okay, walk, run, throw the weights around. Order a veggie pizza, and chuckle at Stewart and Colbert.
My current reading material is dark, too, but I took a gander at Marilynne Robinson's novel "Gilead", and it didn't appeal to me.
So I'll get my mom laughing, and put her through her paces.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You know what they said in Dead Poets Society: We all end up as food for worms. The whole bird flu pandemic noise only serves the fearmongers of the W, Rove and Co to stave off being held responsible for their blunders. Not unlike the immigration thing - smoke and mirrors to deflect attentino from themselves.

In the end, we all must Carpe Diem, because you can't hold fear in your hand use it to climb a rock - or can you?

11:56 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Some people actually claim they climb "scared," fighting fear of heights, fear of falling, etc. I've heard this about other physical endeavors as well. Not my style, certainly not at my age!

4:32 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

kathy, I am still reading Europe Central, but it's a strange one. If you have it, take a look at it. I would say don't judge it from the first section, but try some pages beyond. It's kind of nightmarish, being about Nazi Germany and Stalinist USSR...
but it beats the warm fuzzy Gilead.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You know, I have been scared on the face of a rock, but it was not by choice. I don't like to climb like that - it's like jumping out of bounds and into the avalance prone side of a mountain. In some respects, that sense of fear and risk put you in it as much as a person seeks it out.

Me, I always play safe so I can play tomorrow. You can't windsurf when you are dead.

Blog on sister, blog on all

8:33 PM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

I started reading Rushdie's Midnight's Children. Think it'll be good. I want to read These Lovely Bones too. Also, I want to read some old stuff. I just want to read for fun. No more cause I have to.

5:29 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

zelda, I remember reading that Rushdie novel when it first came out. At the time, I thought it was interesting.
I've been reading what I want of our online book group's choices, as well as writers I've stumbled upon one way or another. Definitely no "required reading" for although I think I would like to get some good historical works, non-fiction...

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home