Sunday, April 22, 2007

Transformation

Gloom to bloom, overnight; puts us all in a feverish daze. Or maybe that's the pollen count. Such a lovely afternoon, but in the midst of it, I ran into a former neighbor and still a friend out in front of their house; she looked tired. I'd seen her husband with another former neighbor not long ago, and he looked terribly unwell. She told me he has a form of bone cancer, and though it had responded to a bone marrow transplant for a while, it returned aggressively. We talked as their adorable, not yet two year old grand daughter walked around nearby. Her husband has not been retired very long, they aren't too much older than we are; I felt so sad for her, and helpless, wishing I could give him vitality.

1 Comments:

Blogger Taradharma said...

oh, so hard and sad. how wonderful for her that you could stay and listen, with her grandchild as a bright reminder.

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home