Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Good start

We seem to be better energized today. It's so hard to figure out what's going on in the mind of someone who's dealing with unreliable memory, it's far worse than just vagueries. All I can glean is that my mom feels "old" some days. Today, she is perky and prone to laughing at my quips, and able to walk farther.
A spot check on the garden showed seedlings coming up, other than those of the more problematic beets which according to their packet can be temperamental or something. They shall be exhorted.

2 Comments:

Blogger Babette said...

I cannot imagine how frustrating the ups and downs of memory loss must be for you and for your mother.

Julie Christie does an amazing job of portraying an Alzheimer's sufferer in "Away from Me." It's based on a short story by Alice Munro.

I like to take in an afternoon matinee by myself sometimes.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Babette said...

"Away from Her," rather.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home