Thursday, July 19, 2007

Dental delights?

One of my teeth needed a bit of a filling, which was fine except for the aftereffects of the novocaine. It seemed to make my eyes extra sensitive to the sunlight, and gave me a weird headache as it wore off. No pain, however, during the drilling and filling, as our dentist is a wonderful technician.
Extremely pleasant evening at a friend's, a barbeque in honor of another friend's birthday; much discussion of the state of everything, with no relief in sight for this poor beleaguered globe.

4 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

Sometimes the dentist can hit a nerve when injecting the novocaine. I once had a low-level numbness for several months after a routine filling. Now when I go to the dentist, I ask for their novocaine that doesn't have epinephrine. They put the epinephrine in there to make the numbing agent last longer, but it's also the thing that makes the heart race. Novocaine without epinephrine wears off much faster (which is why dentists prefer not to use it), but it's much easier on the body. Hope you are feeling better.

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack. Dental talk. Run away!

6:19 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Thanks, robin. Okay today, just a ghost of an ache where the work was done.

kathyr, dental talk may be repellent, but neglecting the teeth is bad. And I haven't been, and still got nailed.

6:21 PM  
Blogger JS said...

Everywhere I turn, a reminder that I need to make an appointment with my dentist! I've never had anything remotely like what you experienced, but of course now I'm worried that I will experience yours and Robin's odd situations.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home