Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Beneath the surface

Things roil. Presence of mind would aid action.
A good friend is in Ecuador with her family, observing their daughter's participation in a climbing competition. I hope all went well, particularly since the kid was on a trip a few weeks before with some others, one of whom came down with the hanta virus, contracted in Colorado. That boy survived, and no one else has shown symptoms. Horribly ironic that they had to go through a bunch of inoculations for the South American trip, and the real danger lay in some rodent-infested granola in the US of A.
Reading about plague-threatened Italy in the late 1400's does not lighten my dreams.

2 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

Hanta virus is the reason I absolutely detest rodents. I can put up with spiders, but rats and mice are a definite no-no. I hope things go better in ecuador for your friend.

7:57 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Haven't heard anything from them, robin. I hope their trip is a good one, they need some divesions!

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home