Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Here it comes

"The tsunami of fat." (from one of our local morning newpaper's food page) The eating holidays; well, I'll make a concerted effort to cut down on extraneous fat, but I hardly ever eat bacon, and there's this package of super duper organic yummy bacon in the fridge that I was planning to cook up nice and crisp and use on the braised cut up Brusseled sprouts. My dear old Dad believed in all things in moderation - and he really lived that way, one of the few who lived by his word. So we will have a moderate amount of delicious bacon interspersed amongst the Brusseled sprouts, along with shallots and toasted hazelnuts. The sprouts currently exist upon an impressive stalk, looking like a little holiday tree. I'm also ruminating upon a pumpkin-themed dessert that isn't a pie, and shall have to act upon my fulminations on Wednesday. Corn bread shall be produced to make stuffing outside the bird, as I'm increasingly fretful over possible bacterial incursions. Heathy and tasty - the ganlet is thrown for the T-Day gauntlet of cookery.

4 Comments:

Blogger FriĆ°vin said...

You'll have to check out my post if you haven't already...
yes we are in for gastronomic gluttony.

1:37 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Well, I confess I couldn't watch the clip; I hate eating contests. I think they're disgusting, a circle of hell.

3:32 PM  
Blogger JS said...

You have the right idea...all good things in moderation. I'll admit, though, that there are times I am a glutton. I found the objects of Kona's derision pretty pathetic, though...eating contests are exercises in stupidity.

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm! Cornbread stuffing! What time's dinner?

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home