Friday, November 16, 2007

What now?

Ah, Hair Do Day, which once it is underway, is much appreciated. We haven't seen the other LOL for awhile at the salon, but I did see her at the co op, with a not quite as elderly man whom I guess was her son. She asked if my mom had died, and I said no, she would be turning 90 in not too long; she proudly informed me she had turned 90 in September. I wonder if she's still driving; the last time I saw her rolling along in a big old car, her head was barely visible above the bottom edge of the window. Sometimes these glimpses of ripening mortality chill me; sometimes all you can do is laugh.

1 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

We are in a neighborhood now where older folks walk by pretty often. Sometimes the effort it takes for them to go a few steps is just heartbreaking. I alternate between wanting to sob and wanting to congratulate them for getting out there and trying.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home