Friday, November 09, 2007

The wind that shakes everything

So windy, the gigantic cowbell-like windchime behind us was clonging like a herd heading down from the Swiss Alps for the winter. I doubt, and indeed hope, it doesn't get windy enough to blow it down completely, as that would do some damage around these parts. Not the most melodious form of this strange decoration; I've never understood the reason for windchimes. There was a strange scene in that oldish movie, "Body Heat", which was a remake of "Double Indemnity." Kathleen Turner was working on William Hurt to soften him to get rid of her husband, and they were on her lanai, or veranda or whatever, which was hung with innumerable windchimes, all tinkling and ringing and clanging like crazy in a strong breeze; it was a psychotic background to her insane plans. Very effective.

6 Comments:

Blogger JS said...

I like windchimes. Maybe that explains my insane plans!

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Body Heat" would be a pretty good counterpoint to a chilly day, what with all that William Hurt sweatiness.

12:33 PM  
Blogger FriĆ°vin said...

Just dropped in to wish the old lady a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :lol:

12:49 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Perhaps, mfm, perhaps...

yeah, it would get the ole menopausal body furnace all fired up, kathyr...

Oh,yeah? Who you callin' old here, kid? Thanks for the birthday greetings, Senor kona!

1:39 PM  
Blogger JS said...

Did I know it was your birthday? I missed it...have a great one!

2:04 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Thank you, mfm. I don't think you could have known, I haven't bruiting it about. I made a danged fine cake, which I wish I could share wit alla youse out dere...

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home