Thursday, December 13, 2007

Road trip

If I even drive to the other end of downtown, that's one in my book. I'm always thrilled to surf the big waves of traffic around here in less than a half-hour each way; a routine trip to the dentist is at least a diversion. The Asian super market was crammed with people, including several little old Asian ladies pushing carts with screaming infants in them. Other ladies beamed at them as they navigated the aisles, trying valiantly to plug up the howling little orifices with binkies. Such a hubbub, and I did appreciate the relative quiet in our hood later.

4 Comments:

Blogger JS said...

Does it ever strike you as surprising that dozens, maybe hundreds, of people you don't really know visit your blog each day to see what's going through your mind? Even when you're down, people are there watching and reading and wondering what to say. I'm not sure why I'm writing this just now, but this post about the Asian market struck a chord. People in Texas and California and the Carolinas are watching you. This amazes and transfixes me. Of course, you have a much bigger readership than I... ;}

7:07 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Surely you jest. The only reason I do this is to sort of practice writing words down.
So, did you think I was offensive in recording this experience? Not my intent, it was pretty much truthful.

7:27 PM  
Blogger JS said...

No, not offensive at all. Just the opposite. I thought how interesting it was that people from all over are seeing the world through your eyes when they read of your experiences. There's something about that that just fascinates me.

7:04 AM  
Blogger MarcLord said...

The "sort of practice of writing words down" was a smashing success. Beautiful writing, just beautiful.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home