Friday, January 25, 2008

Good deeds may be rewarded

This afternoon I forewent a walk in order to help out the offspring, who needed a part for his car but had to work past the hours of the VW shop. Ended up out on Aurora Avenue, a beautifully-named, ugly, miles-long strip of Route 99. Or "the 99." The repair/parts place was down an alley-sized street off the 99. As I drove along, trying to find a place to park, I saw what looked like a couple of little houses nestled in among the light industries. Walking back the three or four blocks from where I put the car, I got a closer look at these abodes; not much larger than the foyer on a Bellevue, WA super mansion, yet clearly someone lived in them. They weren't in bad shape, but what an environment. One of the last rental bargains around. There was a silver Jaguar parked in front of one of them.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now the mayor is pissed that you've outed his love shack.

4:21 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Ha! You should SEE our mayor, he looks like a big boar.
Now, your horny-toad L.A. mayor, he might be into something like this...

6:08 PM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

You and kathyr went off on a tangent I would have never even thought to venture. I must be so out of it. It's a good thing I can barely picture what the LA and the Seattle mayors look like.

8:53 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Robin, I am disrespectful of Seattle's mayor because I think he's a jerk. I voted for him, and he's turned out to be a big development booster; a pig in every way.
As for LA's mayor, I happened to read a bunch of stuff about him which pointed to his messy personal life, which you always wonder if it is possible to keep separate from the public duties, financially and so forth. Rudy Guliani sure as hell couldn't.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home