Thursday, June 05, 2008

Shrivelingly wet

We had to turn the furnace back on, it's been so chilly when we come down in the morning. This is causing further confusion, but soldiering on is required. I suppose I prefer coping with soggy chill to sweltering heat, but it all costs power to remedy.
The brave young woman who tunes and prunes my hair turns 35 on Friday; she told me it was a "contemplative" age. Most every year could and should be.
Back to finishing Yoko Tawada's collection of three novellas called The Bridegroom Was a Dog. It's interesting, but not as stimulating to me as The War with the Newts. It's comparatively stark and cryptic, but at least it's not predictable.

4 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

I do agree that chilly is preferable to sweltering. I hope the warming sun shows up soon for you. We actually have been having a few days of sunshine and temps in the 60s.

3:49 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Fat chance. First truly sunny day is predicted for June 16th!!!
But thanks for the thought...

4:03 PM  
Blogger Kathy Rogers said...

It is getting hot here and I am dreading the summer. We've already had some triple digit days.

Oh, how I miss my foggy canyon.

Sucks about the furnace, though.

All I remember contemplating at 35 was how to avoid killing my husband and/or three-year-old. Or myself.

8:46 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Would that we could send you some of this stuff, kathyr. It would moderate your triple digits.
Age 35 - our kid was four. Going into second year of pre-school. Actually relatively mellow that year; spent our lives at playgrounds.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home