Friday, July 11, 2008

What is it good for?

The film industry, among other things; only I actually lobbied for a movie, one I'd seen mentioned in a review of its sequel, "Hellboy II: The Golden Army", which I think I'd like to see eventually. We cranked "Hellboy" offen the intertubes, and had a blast watching it. Ron Silver plays the soul beneath the devil outfit, and it's got plenty of entertaining evil beings, from Nazi dominatrix beeyotch to a resurrected Rasputin, as well as an assortment of goopy critters. Gore factor not so bad on a computer flat screen; I only had to run out of the room a couple of times when the deathless Nazi slicin' 'n' dicin' assassin got too Benihana for my taste. Good times.

3 Comments:

Blogger JS said...

I've got to see Hellboy. The trailers I've seen are just the sort of action thriller fare I'm in the mood for right about now.

4:46 PM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

I've never even heard of that movie, and I know for certain, I will never see it. I'm just not drawn to films with slicin' and dicin' nazis. Maybe if they were doing away with George Bush, I could be enticed to watch...

7:32 AM  
Blogger Kathy Rogers said...

Huh. And here I thought we might go see Wall-E today. That's about my speed.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home