Thursday, December 04, 2008

Griddle me this

Not a cloud was in the sky, and I spent as little time as possible in the mall. The people working in the Macy's kitchen stuff department were really nice and jolly, and I came away with two griddles, one for flat items and one for grilling various meats, as well as all my coupons. They let me keep them, and encouraged me to use them on my way out. (Along with all the other big retailers, Macy's sales are down, over 13%). Somehow I got into a discussion with the woman who helped me find griddles about home delivery of big appliances, and she told me about how her giant black German shepherd which hates men made the guys delivering her new giant refrigerator think she had a clone of Cujo in her yard. Her demonstration of her Big Dog's snarl was amazing. I took the bus for most of the journey to the mall, and shared an increasingly crowded space with quite an assortment of people. Mid afternoon, SRO; mass transit is kind of working around here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy Rogers said...

"The people working in the Macy's kitchen stuff department were really nice and jolly..."

No one works in the Macy's kitchen stuff department. How you managed to find more than one is a Christmas miracle all by itself. But then for them to be both nice and jolly? Maybe there is a Big Beneficent Deity after all.

9:29 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

In fact, there were four people in the area. Luckily I got in contact with two very ones. NOTHING to do with any deity!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home