Thursday, December 11, 2008

Slow me down

Rushed around to get everybody situated before my couple of hours of beautification; maple butter supplies are dangerously low, and that must be addressed as well. The salon, which I would not go near except for the wonderful magician who deals with my mop, was a-buzzing as usual with blabbing and chatting galore. Probably nowhere else would I be involved in a discussion about holiday cookies, but part of that was my doing, since this cooling weather makes everyone crave sweet frosted pieces of baked dough. Martha Stewart's holiday shenanigans make me itch, like a bad case of hives, but I admite the chocolate thumbprint cookies were tempting. A hike around the lake to the co-op solved the maple shortage. The waterbirds were gathering along the northern shore, getting out of the increasingly cold wind. Snow may come over the weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

Looks like we're all in for quite a storm. Just wanted to stop by and wish you well for the weekend.

1:20 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Good to hear from you, robin a.! It sounds more like's it's going to fizzle out here, but it's really windy right now. Have a good weekend down your way!

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home