Wednesday, February 03, 2010

We crushed!

Wee climbing session, and during the course of it one of the gym employees sidled up to me; she was giving a climbing lesson to a burly fellow, who was up near the ceiling. She told me he was wondering how hard people were climbing, and pointed to us two ladies of a certain age, commenting that "They crush, don't they?" - climbing lingo for climbing in a strong way. This about made our day, and my friend remarked that it might be one of the few compliments we'd be getting for awhile, so we should take it. She is prone to exaggeration, but she may be right...
Dude, I am so stoked to be crushing!

3 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

You most certainly do crush. Nice of him to notice.

8:14 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Ha ha, robin a.! Sure I do. Well, thanks for saying so.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

So there's the link, the commonality, second post from the top.

As for Dick Cheney, aside from gay relatives (his are blood kin; mine are married in, not that it matters a hoot to me), the only thing we have in common is our human dentition which is what guides me in terms of what I may choose to eat. I do doubt Cheney's thought much about his teeth or what his dentition might have to say about what his diet ought to be.

Judging (and I do hate to judge) from his body-type and his aggressive demeanor, I would guess that he ought to knock off the frequent indulgence in unhappy meats, and restrict himself to those meats that have had a more natural experience on Earth. Certainly, the man would benefit from an exponential increase in vegetables on his daily menu. I don't think quail, farmed or wild, is his problem so much as CAFO meats and GM grains probably are.

If he has a taste for quail, that's fine with me. I just wish he'd do as I've done: shoot tin cans at the range (and clean up the debris when he's done) then buy birdshot-free quail from the grocer and not worry so much about breaking a filling on a pellet.

Whether it's Brussels sprouts or brisket, I doubt Dick Cheney considers for a moment the sacrifices necessary to sustain his life. I wonder how many vegans appreciate the fact that mesclun screams when plucked from the earth from which it grows.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home