Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Down a rabbit hole?

Kind of out of sync here; yesterday, got to go to the climbing gym with the woman I've climbed with the longest. She's now a three year breast cancer survivor, thank Mother Earth and the rest of the universe. I'll never forget when she told me she had it, and my heart sank and thumped. We have such good fun climbing, I hope we can go outside on some real rocks again.
Planted the golden plum-shaped cherry tomato plant I got at the farmers' market, figuring that it has had enough time to toughen up in the unheated back mudroom area. Got a nice chunk of Copper River salmon for dinner to serve to my sweetie, and a bottle of fine rose champagne, just for the hell of it. The wine matched the color of the fish. All was delish.

2 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

We planted our tomato and pepper plants in pots and put them on the deck. Then, we had two mornings of frost, and that nearly killed them. Sure hope your plum-shaped tomato plant does well.

7:34 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Well, the peas finally broke through the surface of the dirt, but the spinach, although sprouted, seems to be in stasis. The tomatoes haven't died, but they're just sort of sitting there.
There will always be potatoes...

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home