Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Bleah

Well, last night was so fractured by waking up every hour because I couldn't breathe, I feel terrible this morning. And found out, when my mother came downstairs, that she'd let one of the cats in her window in the middle of the night, he'd rubbed against her legs, and when she stooped down to pet him, he turned around and bit her on her right leg. It was dark, and she always seems to reach at his face, which freaks out the little fucker. I was wondering why she was wandering around, running water at 3:00 this morning; she was washing out the cat bite. Fortunately, she took a bath this morning, so I applied antibiotic cream and hope it doesn't get infected. So now she's got a gimpy left knee and a wounded right shin.
We managed a couple of short walks, mostly to get her moving a bit and to see the chickens. One of our friends and neighbors has been scarce for a couple of weeks, and I found out why today: Her 49 year old sister was having chest pains, went in for a stress test, and was whisked into emergecy open-heart surgery for a bypass, that same day. The family's been doing tagteam 24/7 care for her the past few weeks. The afflicted woman doesn't look like a heart attack candidate, she's lean, like her sister. Shocking, but she's doing well. So I feel a bit dumb reporting that I had to spend some time in bed this afternoon, dozing fitfully, nursing aches and general crumminess. Dragged myself out to check on Mom.
Geeze, I feel cranky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home