Monday, May 16, 2005

Ripping on through the merrie month...

What the hay... fever, that would be. Yanking ivy on Saturday appears to have triggered some sort of allergic response. It's not going away. I'll just take some sudafed to quash this crap.
We had a very pleasant late morning saunter, but now, as of about 1:30, it's turning wintry again. Judicious applications of arnica gel, coupled with moderation of activity, seems to have worked for my mother's knee problems. Yesterday her lower back was sore again, but today it wasn't. I'd never know, except for the limping and inability to stand up straight sometimes, so I ask every so often.
Chores, chores; then to the climbing gym to try to blow out the cotton in my head. Sort of had a good time but felt strangely melancholy. Our son showed up to do a few routes, so I stayed a bit longer than perhaps I should have; felt very tired.
We went out for a farewell beer before our son takes off for Yosemite tomorrow. He wanted to see the pub/cafe created by Bottlewerks, our local beer purveyor. He thought it was too chi chi, we thought it was pretty nice. I tried a Belgian blonde beer, which was very good. I haven't been a fan of the Hoegarden name, for example, owing to its heavy taste of coriander and orange peel. Maybe my cold masked it, but this other brand seemed almost like champagne. Can't remember the name.
Off to bed; my nose is ominously closed up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home