Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Wild and wonderful Wednesday

Hey, we're out of coffee beans! That's just a taste of how out of control it could get...
Hairdo day was upon us, so off we went. I get mine tomorrow, but it only comes every two or three months for my mop. My mom always went every week back in our old home town, so I have endeavored to maintain that tradition for her. She loves going to Hair with Flair, and being pampered a bit. There was a woman getting he hair set today who was in far worse shape than my mother. We have seen her there before; she smiles vacantly, and can barely get in and out of chairs. My mother was so sweet to her, though, and waved and spoke to her, despite the stylist's observation that "She knows nothing." Later, when we went to QFC to pick up some items, my mother sat at the snack counter, near another elderly lady. Lo and behold, true to our common - shall I call it an ability? - my mom was on the receiving end of this other lady's life story, which Mother couldn't remember to tell me, but did say this woman talked the whole time I was shopping.
Home again, for a walk, lunch, and a trip to the climbing gym for me. A few of us are hoping the rains will stop on Friday so we can go out on a little climbing jaunt on... gasp....real rock. It's not looking too promising, however, so guess where we'll be on Friday, unless of course it rains again.
More zaniness with that wild Don Q.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home