Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Tidy Up Tuesday

A day of top to toe for Mother. While she was getting her toenails attended to, however, the stylist pointed out to me that Mother's right foot and ankle were swollen. She had no accompanying pain, but this is now a concern. Went home, put a little cold pack on it, had her elevate it, called her doctor's office, which late in the day finally returned the call and confirmed my treatments. The nurse also said to watch it, and come in if it got worse, started hurting, spread to the other foot, etc. I waited all afternoon for this call, so it was good to hear I was treating the foot properly.
Dang, my lower back is stiff and sore. It wasn't when I woke up at 2:30 this morning and as I lay there, recalled that I hadn't taken out the big bag of clothing items to be given away; I hauled it outside into a very pleasant cool wee hour, and exchanged a greeting with the more feral of our two cats.
Finished Laxness's Under the Glacier, which is a very strange little novel. I had to re read Susan Sontag's introduction to enhance my ...what? Interpretation of it, I suppose would be the best way to put it. "Understanding" it seems beside the point.
back to Don Q. So close to the end, relatively.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home