Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Woo hoo, Wednesday!

I began reading our next book group's pick, Maughham's The Razor's Edge. Although I'm not too far along, maybe 15 pages, I am not encouraged. This might be a "wallbanger," a book so odious that I shall fling it across the room and against a wall.
Nice day of getting my mom out for a walk, doing a few chores, like trying to thin out my overstuffed closet. Too much stuff in there I don't use, but when I try to ditch the items, I keep thinking I might be able to use them later, like, on, when I'm old...
Off for a little workout at the climbing gym. Back home for a short walk with my mother. We ran into a tall older-looking woman who somehow got into her life story. she's part of a musical group called sunforest, and back when Stanley Kubrick made "A Clockwork Orange," he heard their music and used one of her songs in the film. She was a bit scattered, but cheerful, said she was in her 60's, although she did look older, owing to her gray hair and kind of wizened skinniness. Very tall - at least 6 feet, I bet. We always get life stories, wherever we go.
Went off for a couple of hours of volunteer work, painting at the site of a tutoring center up in Greenwood. Had beer and a tasty chile rejeno afterwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home