Sunday, July 31, 2005

Bobbing along...

So off we went early this afternoon with two kayaks, down to Lake Union for a few hours' of paddling towards the Ballard Locks, then back. What an astoundingly gorgeous day it was. I think being out on the water was the best choice of activities, since we were kept comfortable by the breezes and our proximity to cool water, but sufficiently exercised by our efforts. I have blisters on the spaces between my thumbs and fore fingers, but no discomfort any where else. So perhaps my technique is improving, other than over-gripping the paddle. Lots of big cruiser trafffic - I found myself wishing these gas-guzzling behemoths would scuttle themselves - and plenty of surfing of their wakes. At first this was fun, but after a while I wanted them to disappear.
A wonderful night. The elusive Seattle summer is here, probably to vanish manana, but we savored it while we could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home