Friday, August 05, 2005

Fuzzy Friday

Gonna be a barnburner here today, folks; maybe literally. Hot. My brain feels frizzed.
And it is lusciously warm. Got my routesetting chores done, picked up a friend for a bit of a climb at the gym.
And here's an observation from Sancho Panza upon the condition of sleep:
"I only understand that while I'm sleeping I have no fear, or hope, or glory; blessed be whoever invented sleep, the mantle that covers all human thought, the food that satisfies hunger, the water that quenches thirst, the fire that warms the cold, the cold that cools down ardor, and, finally, the general coin with which all things are bought, the scale and balance that make the shepherd equal to the king, and the simple man equal to the wise."
Odd, he doesn't address the sometime torment of dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home