Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Nice and energizing

After speaking briefly with our son, I went back to bed and tried to get back to sleep. Decided to read more of Saramago's The Cave, then tried again to conk out. Just drifting off when the jealous cat jumped up and started picking on the slightly dim one, right on top of my prone body. Both were launched from the premises! Around 4:00 I eventually lost consciousness. Another night of split shift sleeping.
It's so gorgeous this morning that I can't stay grumpy. Mother and I got in an 8 block airing, lots of action down at the turn-around point with Quest cherry pickers lumbering back and forth, doing something to the wires overhead; fascinating to my mother, who waves to the workers.
Off for a run and workout, despite intense weariness. Temperature rising into the mid 70's, cooling breezes blowing by the lake, the last batch of ducklings mostly grown and sans mama.
Early to bed with a book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home