Saturday, September 03, 2005

Missed opportunity

Well, our son had a friend over for breakfast, and made a delicious-looking and -smelling omelette for her. They were meeting up with another friend of his to head up into the North Cascades to climb something called Cutthroat Peak, which is near Liberty Bell on the North Cascades Highway. I loaned his friend my helmet and headlamp, and she asked me to come along. We're about the same size, and perhaps she was thinking it'd be nice to have another female along to balance the testosterone. She'd said as much about another outing she was on at Index with some people. The two guys are safe and sane usually, so I think they'll be all right, if the weather doesn't turn on them.
Lovely lovely day, walked with my mother, did stuff around here. Went down to Gasworks Park by myself for a bit of exercise. Fretted a bit about the thundery-looking clouds up to the north east, but it's tomorrow that really counts for the climbing party.
Chatted a bit with folks from the book group, mainly from SC and Bowling Green, Ohio. Good fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home