Sunday, September 25, 2005

Swell Sunday

Um, 'cause it was no nice out it rendered me inarticulate...got the walks in, chatted up the chickens. For once, I got a longer run in, up the hills in Woodland Park and along the lake to the Nautilus. Feeling peppy. Beloved spouse had to jet off to Tucson for bidness, and we had some pleasant IM's during the evening.
Beloved son got back from a weekend of fun with a buddy who's up in Bellingham.
Found this poetry fragment in Joan Didion's heart aching piece about her husband's sudden unexpected death about a year ago:

O the mind, mind has mountains; cliffs of fall
Frightful, sheer, no-man-fathomed. Hold them cheap
May who ne'er hung there.
I wake and feel the fell of dark, not day.
And I have asked to be
Where no storms come.
(from a poem by Gerald Manley Hopkins)

I find this to be almost indescribably moving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home