Saturday, November 05, 2005

Which of the 40 days is this?

Gloom gloom, cold, rain, but a nice cozy lunch with my menfolk.
I don't know where the day went. Later in the evening beloved spouse and I went to a local restaurant/pub to have a drink and chat. One of the bartenders was in the porcess of concocting a new beverage to feature. It contained apple brandy, hazelnut liqueur, and a splash of butterscotch schnapps. It was served heated, in a snifter. He let a couple of us pipette a bit out to taste; I am not one for sweet after dinner drinks, but it wasn't too bad. He then asked for suggestions as to a name. Beloved spouse chimed in with "hot buttered bum." Hilarious, but immediately rejected. I put forth "sweet dreams." The barkeep claimed he liked that, and proceeded to garnish his libation with whipped cream and a grating of nutmeg, retiring to a quiet spot to finish it.
Good night and good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home