Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Hump Day happiness

Or at least equanimity. Got an early start this morning, for me, when I went over to the climbing gym to work out with a woman I've only been acquainted with in the past and with whom I've had one other session. She was late, having misunderstood our last communication, but it gave me time to warm up on some boulder problems, as well as to chat with some other acquaintances I see once in a while. One is a 40-ish woman who has a young son; she said she was going to a climbing "camp" at Smith Rock run by a world-famous climber, Lynn Hill. She said she wanted to find out what her weaknesses were, and to get whatever information she could from Ms. Hill. Since Lynn is a person who free climbed the Nose on El Capitan in Yosemite, a feat un-repeated by anyone, male or female as of yet, I'm not sure just what can be imparted other than awe, but it will be interesting to hear how it went.
Volunteered to walk some friends' two chihuahua puppies tomorrow morning, as they will be away and unable to do so. I have complete instructions...what go go awry?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home