Friday, December 02, 2005

Skunked

No lovely piles of fluffy white to hop about in this morning. But we did get a sort of break in whatever was falling from the sky so Mother could get in a peppy 8 block saunter.
Beloved son and I went to the climbing gym early in the afternoon for a workout. He is a bit tough on me, urging me to push myself when I seem to be flagging, which can be productive sometimes. He stuck an old CD in as we drove over and back, something by a group called Morbid Angel. One of his old heavy metal favorites; he was almost apologetic about it, but frankly, I prefer it to country and western, or opera, or any number of horrific easy listening possibilities. It was...energizing! After our gym session, he took off for Bellingham to visit a friend in school up there. They were planning to get up early this morning and drive over to Mount Baker to ski and snowboard. Baker gets enormous amounts of snow, but they're only open 8-4, daylight hours, no night skiing, so to make it worth the $37 lift ticket, you have to get going early. It's a long haul from Seattle, 31/2 hours, but his friend only lives about an hour away from the mountain.
Out for a bite at one of our local restaurants, Luau, and early to bed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry for the late comment, but I have been having problems with blogger and comment word verrification. Here's my two cents on this particular post Isa:

You may be interested in Maureen Dowd's new book "Are Men Necessary: When sexes collide." It looks like a good read and more to the point I think she suggests that perhaps it is time for women to step up and take over the majority rule instead of just being a numerical majority and silent or silenced mainly. I saw her clip on David Letterman, linked over at my site or via crooks and liars. Whichever - the point being, I do think it might be better if there were real women in charge rather than men with something to prove or a status to protect.

Oh, and incidentally, I do miss the winter cancellation of the mendacity of every day living. It is great to have Nature force us to slow it down a notch.

Blog on sister.

4:29 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Now, windspike, what in my blog entry made you repond in this way?
It's odd, because I recently posted at a bookgroup site about how I thought many women would be as bad as the men in charge right now, because they support these guys. In fact, I think conservative women would be a truly vicious lot!
Re Mo Dowd's book: I've read some excerpts, and frankly, I htink she lives in far too rarified and privileged a strata to have any relavance to me at all. I have appreciated many of her op ed pieces; I just don't get what the hell she's driving at in this book.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home