Monday, December 05, 2005

Off to see the tooth wizard

Our dear dentist, the fundamentalist Christian who actually seems to practice her religious values. She gently informed me that one of my lower back molars is in dire need of crowning, and she will give me a good discount because she admires how we are taking care of my old mother. Her parents are the same age, around 88, her dad's caring stubbornly for his failing wife. This is a territory in life that is terrifying to observe, and even more so to speculate about concerning one's own decline...
Tomorrow I have to do more corporal maintenance, i.e., the Smashing of the Boobs. Always a stress-inducing experience. Visions of breast cancer dance through my head.
Another pitbull sighting: A man with snow white hair walking a brindled and grizzled-looking old pitbull, which pauses to lick at the dwindled remains of a snowman.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Isa,
good luck with the tooth situation. My spouse is currently reeling from a crowning experience - it still hurts. Going in for an assesment for possible root canal - that can't be fun.

Love the pitbull sentence. Are you a dog lover?

12:10 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Er, um, not exactly a dog lover, windspike. Certain dogs I've met have been okay, but I prefer cats, despite my own two cats' lousy behavior lately.
And good luck to you on your tooth assessment. I just got back from a mammogram - yowch - and picking up a couple of X-Mas gifts for family, as well as spending a giftcard at a bookstore for me. My big indulgence!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Presents? Where?!

2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home