Sunday, February 05, 2006

A Peer Gynt kinda morning

After all the melted polar ice cap that fell on us over the last couple of days, it was so NICE today one could almost hear flutes tooting dulcitly whilst little spotted fawns and bunnies leapt about among the daffodils. (SCRAWKKK of a phonograph needle) In truth, around 3:30 or so this morning, my fuckwitted cat crept up on me in bed, drooled on my neck and affectionately dug his claws into it. I slept poorly after chasing him downstairs and out the front door. No, I hadn't let him in, it was our beloved son returning in the wee hours.
Howsomever, I got my mother out for her walk, and just got back from a drag-ass run and weight session. I shall either sleep well tonight, or spontaneously combust from exhaustion. Not feeling real sociable, and I sure as hell am not interested in the Stupor Bowl, but a friend and neighbor's having a party, so I'll go say hey.
So tired. let's see if Hermann Hesse's dryish prose lulls me...

7 Comments:

Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

Peer Gynt Morning, eh? Holy Grieg, just think of poor Norway. They're pretty close to the polar ice caps. Norway probably washed out to sea by now...

3:47 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Yeah, you know, "DA da da da da da, DA da da da da da,da da da, da da da, DA da da daaaaaa..." Ad nauseum.
They aren't yet, but they will be, fjords full up and awashing the shores.

8:43 PM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

I would trade our spring like weather for your polar ice cap fucking cold and wet, well for a day or two. The super bowl, super is Latin, I know that. I didn't watch the game, don't like sports but hey, I watched Gray's Anatomy. It's sorta about sporting things, people do a lot of competing for patients. That's like something right? I do rock collect and search many dry creek beds and river beds for fossils and such, and while it isn't too physical, sometimes I have to climb down embankments. I can see it now, Zelda1 makes it to the finals of getting to the center of the dry creek bed and wins the gold metal for her form and her ability to do the triple turn and not fall and picks up the rock, she is the winner. Oh my god. I can, I know I can.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just a quick question - why is it that Americans insist on holding "world" championships like the superbowl, but exclude those teams from outside the USA?

4:28 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Every year, the NFL invites foreign football players to the combine for tryouts. Each year, these skinny guys in shorts show up, wearing no pads and seeming genuinely perplexed that the ball is more than a little out of round, and that guys keep grabbing the ball with their hands and running with it.

It's the lack of pads, though, that ultimately makes the experience less than successful.

5:12 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

zelda, rock hunting supercedes Super Bowls in my lexicon!

'spike, You KNOW we are the champions of the world, so anything we declare a world contest, we, like, automatically win! 'Cause Amerka is the greatest!
At least until we finally pay the piper for our arrogance.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Isa,
i had forgotten - thanks for the clarification and reminder, comrade.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home