Friday, January 27, 2006

Honey-baked meatbombs

If that story about the vegans protesting in front of theHoneybaked Ham headquarters being busted wasn't so ominous, it'd be surrealistically hilarious. Of course it's a dry run on any of us who don't go along with the pod people who support Bush&Co. I kind of like the concept of using big hams to bomb people, though; gives a fresh twist to the notion of delivering pork to constituencies!
I have made some headway in that novel I was skeptical about, Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult. The writing continues to be rather unchallenging, but it's a pretty good story. So when I see my friend today for a climbing session, I won't have to mumble sheepishly about how I haven't had time to try it.
My other traveling man is due home in the wee hours of tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

boys up at the wee hours usually means no sleep for us parents. Happened again last eve. The smaller the number, the more grumpy I get.

Does that change?

3:55 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

How old are your boys? Something like 1 and 3? Gads. We only had one, and I was sleep-deprived forever, it seemed. He would hardly ever nap, the little varmint. He did get to sleeping better, though, after about age 2, as I recall. Then of course it was the typrical, stay up late, can't get him up next morning for junior high and high school.
But some people have those nice sleepy babies, who turn into nicely sleepy older kids!
You are very active, good chance they are taking after you!
I do sympathize...

5:00 PM  
Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

Honey Baked Meat Bombs. Now I'll be pondering that all morning...

1:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay Isa, now you have me scared - "they are taking after me?" Zoikes. We are in for it. Btw, the boys will be 4 and 2 in March and April respectively.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home