Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Again with the routes -oops, not

Beloved spouse informed me this morning that he had set up a meeting with a representative from a company that makes customized sunrooms. I toyed with the idea of going to set, but decided I would stick around to hear what this person had to say. We are up against a decision regarding the deck off our bedroom: Either get a new waterproof coating and decking for it, or enclose it and make it into usable space. The deck, facing due south, has had limited usability over the past twenty some years. It's too hot in the summer, and too cold in the winter, so it makes sense to figure out a way to improve it. We really haven't done anything to the house over the past couple of decades, other than some painting and a new layer of roof shingles,
and this will give us more room for more books, too. We're going to go look at a similar project they're finishing which is fairly close to us, and their documentary photos look good. The woman who came here today, a brisk, take no prisoners soul, certainly knew her beans. She did, however, chill me when she remarked that she had run three construction companies over the past thirty years, and said,"And I'll be glad never to see another employee ever again!" Not your warm fuzzy type...

2 Comments:

Blogger zelda1 said...

Sun rooms are grand. I toyed with the idea to put one on the back of my study, in my house in the little town where I live. However, we never got around to it, and we have decided to sell the house and buy up here on the hill. So, when we do sell and buy, I'm planning on doing a sun room of sorts. They are wonderful. My sister has one and while they don't have books, she has a wonderful plant room where we have spent many hours sipping coffee or tea and talking about those mean other sisters of ours. Plus, it is nice to sit there and watch our grandchildren play. Sunrooms are really cool. I vote to do it.

4:25 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Thanks for your thoughts, zelda. I love the part about sitting in the sunroom, discussing those mean sisters! I think it's a good idea, too, it's just so fricking expensive around here. Too much Microsoft retiree money floating around! And probably tons of "captains of industry" and their ill-gotten loot... drives up the prices for everything. lol
Well, we've just started looking into it, so we'll see what develops. I eventually found a very reasonable outfit to rebuild our granite retaining wall when it collapsed a year or so ago, so there's hope, I guess.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home