Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Another round of routes

The route went up nicely, but I did not. One of our climbing acquaintances offered to climb a few routes after I was finished working, so we merrily started out on a couple of easy leads, warming up before my long time climbing partner arrived. He was well up on one when a hold spun, causing him to fall and me to fly up in the air catching his fall. Nothing I haven't done before, except this time my left shin caught a big hit from a protruding hold. Kind of like the time I whacked it on the pointy end of my friend's Ford Taurus station wagon as we were heading home after an outdoor climbing sortie, only much harder. Nothing broken, hella big bruise developing, nasty-looking hole to the aide of my shin and below the kneecap. If I only hadn't started worrying about flesh- eating viruses late last night... Lesson learned: Even on easy routes, it's a good idea to anchor the belayer if he/she weighs about half of what the climber does.

1 Comments:

Blogger isabelita said...

Well, I tried to go running this afternoon, and nuh-uh. Too painful.
Had to walk briskly instead. Also got Mr. P. to go out for a walk to find dinner, at a Thai place a little ways away from our house.
I think I'm not going to being eaten by bad bugs, it seems to be healing.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home