Friday, April 21, 2006

Changeable

Another night of disjointed sleep; no birdies early this morning to cheep salt into my semi-consciousness, but I'm approaching the zone of deprivation. Looking for a change in the weather and in my brain.
From Odysseas Elytis's poem "The Hyacinth Symphony":
"You have a mortal earth whose leaves you count endlessly and do not sleep. So many hills, you say, so many seas, such flowers. And your one heart becomes plural idealizing their fifth essence. And wherever you go space opens and what word you send out to infinity embraces me. Guess, work, feel:

From the other side I am the same."

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

For a minute there, I thought you had typed "from the other side, I'm insane..." but that must have been my dyslexia kicking in. Zoiks. It reads much better the your way.

BTW, how about a nap? I'm headed for one. Long day with the boys - first day of soccer practice, etc...

Now they are napping, so too shoud father.

Blog on sister.

2:49 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Can't do naps. But I got a good bunch of ZZZZ's last night, so now I am a New Person!
Oh, the first years of soccer, big fun! Happy nappin'.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No nap - we had nap failure this afternoon. Big boy decided to stay awake and then wake his brother. Needless to say, dad's not a happy camper.

5:58 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Nap failure... good grief, that's all we ever had with our wild child. I do empathize. Do they at least sleep all night?

6:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good night sleepers - wake up early, on the other hand.

BTW, the drink wasn't available last eve. Will have to procure said ingredients and make it at home.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

I'm in need of a brain change myself. So I think I'll just head down to the brain change shop. I suppose I'll have to make a choice there too. What kind of brain do I want? Dammit!...Decisions! Decisions! And me without a brain! Gosh, who could I get to help me with my decisions. If only there were a 'Great Decisioner'...

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home